VP of Biomethane Supply and Logistics
The VP of Biomethane Supply and Logistics will be responsible for leading deal origination and structuring efforts to acquire biomethane (RNG) that is used in Iogen biomethane supply chains. The role will focus on North American opportunities.
This is a leadership position within the Biomethane Supply Chain Business, and the VP of Biomethane Supply and Logistics is expected to grow and lead a team of direct reports to support substantial growth of the business unit. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and EVP of the Biomethane Supply Chain Business. Key responsibilities to include:
Relationship Building & Lead Generation
- Identify, target, develop, and maintain relationships with biomethane (RNG) supply and logistics related market operators including equipment suppliers, investors, producers, CNG vehicle dispenses, pipeline companies, and related service providers;
- Integrate and support the development and maintenance of relationships with Iogen supply chain use of biomethane (RNG);
- Identify, develop, and oversee value adding service offerings that meet partner needs and that help support stable long-term relationships;
- Work closely with key RNG producers and investors to understand their strategies and to identify mutually beneficial strategic solutions;
- Monitor and understand competitive offerings, and synthesize and communicate competitive intelligence within the organization;
- Build and maintain the awareness of the company through directs sales and marketing and through industry associations; and
- Liaise with other external parties such as trade and professional associations, and consulting and research firms.
Biomethane Supply Origination & Execution
- Develop and articulate value propositions for RNG suppliers and investors, and manage the sales cycle through conversion to executed transactions;
- Originate an ongoing set of opportunities at different stages of development while ensuring delivery of priority deals;
- Originate, assemble, and oversee RNG supply transactions that lead to fuel credit generation and clean fuel sales deals for both compliance programs and the voluntary markets, and can, where appropriate, opportunistically swing between alternative markets;
- Work with Iogen’s technology, supply, regulatory and deal structuring team members to identify and embed proprietary technology into RNG supply deals;
- Develop creative deal structures to differentiate and add value, including recommending means to support financing negotiations and reduce collateral requirements;
- Lead deal formation, integration, and execution in consultation with internal Iogen teams, and coordinate deal execution with all the corporate functions (e.g., finance, risk tax, legal, ops, etc.);
- Maximize available gross margin on a deal, while still maintaining a “win-win” philosophy with the customers/partners;
- Prepare direct bid package preparation in response to supply and offtake opportunities requests, including RFPs and RFIs for RNG sale; and
- Provide support for supply chain selection and execution for Iogen owned projects, integrating with the project development and finance teams.
Biomethane Logistics & Execution
- Provide support to RNG producers and the Iogen project development team on interconnect, storage, and pipeline logistics issue management;
- Develop and oversee transportation compliance programs, including satisfying UK or other regulatory requirements for demonstrating pipeline transfer documentation; and
- Ensure supplier integration with ongoing regulatory requirements.
Development & Corporate Strategy
- Research, analyze and propose go-to-market sourcing strategies, including but not limited to new geographic regions and RNG types;
- Prepare business case presentations for corporate investment decision makers;
- Contribute learned customer/partner insights into environmental attribute markets, demonstrating expertise of voluntary and compliance standards;
- Demonstrate compliant behaviour adhering to external regulations and internal policies;
- Work with counterparts to support the design of early-stage programmes and position projects for advantage to optimise against future regulatory change; and
- Bring market insights to provide strategic input to the development and execution of Iogen’s Net Zero business strategy.
- Grow the functionality of the Biomethane Supply and Logistics team; hiring and managing an in-house team of direct reports as required; and
- Foster productive relationships with third party consultants working for Iogen.
Preferred Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, finance or a similarly related field. Advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the energy or agricultural commodities space originating, structuring, negotiating, and executing sometimes complicated contracts;
- Ability to tackle complex customer problems with many unknown variables using data and research to make solution recommendations;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both commercial and technical venues on a stand-alone basis;
- Strong bias for action, ability to multi-task and prioritize independently;·
- Self-starter, independent thinker, and willingness to develop solutions and opportunities proactively;
- Deep understanding of renewable natural gas markets and biofuel compliance programs for North America with some familiarity for Europe;
- A wide network of industry contacts ideally involved with suppliers of renewable energy (e.g., renewable natural gas) and converters (e.g., CNG vehicle dispensers); and
- Track record in developing relationships, originating environmental attribute transactions and closing deals relevant to renewable natural gas throughout North America.
- Location: Ideally a traded commodity hub (like Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Stamford, etc), but flexible. Can be work-from-home
- Travel: Required. 10-50%
- Relocation Available: No
- Job Type: Professional
- Experience Level: Senior
For more information, or to apply to this position, please send email and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject.